7 Reasons to Plant in the Fall
Below is a quick list of good reasons you should be planting your trees, shrubs and plants in the fall.
- The soil is warm. Warm soil means root growth. (Winter wheat!)
- Cooler temps mean less foliage production, more energy can go into root development.
- More dependable rainfall
- Fewer pests around to mess with your stuff
- It’s better to buy larger plants in the fall, even though it costs more than the small starters.
- Be very careful planting in an area exposed to SW wind
- Shaking. This makes for thicker, heartier, plants.